December 16, 2013

Crafty Christmas Party

We had a fun time at this year's annual Crafty Christmas party! I added a new twist this year. I have some very crafty friends so I decided to display their amazing work! The featured vendor was Betsy with Totally Random Love Cards. She has the most adorable and quirky cards. They make great presents and excellent Teachers Gifts! You should check out her ETSY shop at http://www.randomlovecards.etsy.com or her Facebook Page. I had the privalege of making the cute fabric envelopes :)




Our craft this year was picture plates. I turned our Santa picture into the cookie plate for Santa. I think he will like it! Here are the gals and their cute plates.


We have been having a lot of fun during the Advent Season. We made a gingerbread house, watched Christmas movies, made candy and we will doing our caroling soon.





Our Elf Mater has been up to his usual tricks as well. He hid in the flowers my husband brought me and ate my cake from Bunco. He is such a tricky little elf!




Braydon was actually in the Christmas Play at church this year. He wasn't able to be in it last year because he had double ear infections, but he was healthy and full of energy this year. He played the Bull in the Natvitiy Scene. He was such a cutie! As you can see by his expressions he enjoyed hanging out by the manager way more than he enjoyed singing the songs.







This season has been difficult though. Christian's Fire Season is going long, which is great financially, but we have been having all the fun without him and I can't help but feel the loss of his presence.  He is suppose to be home Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but it looks like a staffing pattern may be happening. Trying to find JOY this season, but it is difficult this year. I do count my many blessings and look forward to a new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment