December 9, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013 Recap and onto Christmas!

Ok I know I am a little behind, but at least I am posting before the next Thanksgiving. This Thanksgiving we spent apart from my husband again. He had to work at the Fire Station and prepared a delicious meal for his fellow firefighters and their families while the kids and I traveled to Northern, CA to spend the Holiday with my family.

We didn't want to come empty handed so Braydon and I made hand print cookies for Grandma and Daedjo along with a painted plate. They were quite delicious!












I also made some cute treats for the kids including an apple turkey and fun fabric headbands.


We had a great time with family, as the pictures can attest to! We met some new cousins, Jeff, Harlan and Paisley. We were also able to spend some precious time with Great Grandma (Nona). She was recently diagnosed with Alzheimer Disease. This was a tough blow for our family. After a delicous dinner we went to see the movie Frozen. We loved it!












 
 We are now onto Christmas. We went to Cornish Christmas with Grandma and we found lots of treats and goodies, including these adorable hats for the kids! We also enjoyed our local Christmas Parade with our Small Group at Church.






 Our little Elf Mater has been playing some silly tricks and we are are doing our Advent Activities again.  This year they are also being incorporated into our Home School routine.  I think the favorite part of Home Schooling so far is the art!



One of our latest Advent Activities was visiting Santa. It was a success! Well back to life with two littles. A new post coming soon :)

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment