November 17, 2012

Mommy and Me Thanksgiving Crafts

I love crafting and I want my kids to explore their creativity as well, yes even the 5 month old. So here are two crafts we did this year to spark some creativity.


The hand print is from my 3 year old son and the foot print is from my 5 month old daughter. I tried to get her hand print to, but since she is learning how to grasp objects she just wanted to close her hand around the brush and painting her foot was way easier.

I then cut out a background using plain scrapbook paper and used paper from the same set to make the feathers, gobble thing, and the beak and used a scrapbook pen to draw on eyes. I made a note to myself so later, when my memory is gone, I can be reminded whose hand print and foot print and below the writing I also put November 2012. I framed it and put it in my kitchen so that it can be enjoyed by relatives during Thanksgiving Dinner.


This was a simple project as well. I on made a rag wreath using a coat hanger and fabric scraps. Use the link to find a great tutorial about how to make a rag wreath. Since I wanted my little guy to help I found some foam apples and foam stickers in the dollar section at Target and had him design the apples. After the apples were done I hot glued them together and then hot glued them to the wreath. I hung it using an orange ribbon and it is hanging from our porch light to decorate our entrance.

These were both simple and fun and lasted as long as my son's attention span :)

No comments:

Post a Comment