November 26, 2012

Elf on the Shelf Day 1

After seeing how much fun friends had with Elf on the Shelf I decided to do it this year.  I did my research, ie. pinned every idea I could find on Pinterest, about Elf on the Shelf. I decided to start it the night we decorated the Tree. I was so excited to introduce our new Elf to the kids, well, mainly Braydon. I started reading the book hoping his excitement would grow learning about his new Elf friend. Unfortunately, dreams and reality are not always the same. He barely sat through the book and I tried to explain how this Elf worked, which he cared little about. We did have fun naming him. Some suggestions were Red Owie, Elfie, Red Elf... don't judge, but we finally decided on Mater.

Yes that's right we used the name of the Tow Truck in the Cars Movies. So naming creativity is not our strong suit, but now we have Mater the Elf.

His pranks started that night....

 
We found him the next morning making Snow Angels in my flour. follow the link to see where I got the idea from. What a prankster!
 
I am hoping that in the next few days B will start to get excited about this new tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment