November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Highlights

Sorry for the delay in sharing this, my computer has formed its own personality and it isn't a nice one.

Our Thanksgiving was fantastic! We had my parents (Grandma and Daedjo), my sister (Aunt Janice), my mom's mom (Nona), my dad's parents (Grandma Jeanie and Grandad), my dad's brother (Uncle Bruce), my kiddos and me. Unfortunately my hubby was at work and missed the festivities and my other sister wasn't able to make it, but overall a great turn out.

Each of my parents took over a kiddo. My mom was on baby duty, they both enjoyed the extra cuddle and snuggles. My dad played with Braydon in the playroom. My energetic son gave him a run for his money. My dad went in strong and was exhausted after a couple of hours. Thankfully about that time my sister showed up and they tag teamed Braydon.

I was busy cooking in the kitchen. I had done a lot of prep before hand, so the actual day went very smoothly. Well, besides the turkey cooking super fast, 2 hours before I expected, everything was smooth.


Braydon was trying to show Nona how to use the iPad. He was not happy that I asked him to smile for the camera and interrupt his screen time.


My sister on baby duty with my Granddad. This was a huge step for her. She stated, while I was pregnant with Braydon, that she would interact with my kids ONLY after the age of 5. She is a bit nervous around babies. So holding Gigi is HUGE! Next time she might master keeping her dress down for pictures, a little modesty please Giuliana :)


Here are my Grandmas catching up. For years they have been pen pals, since one of them lives in the Central Valley and the other lives in Northern CA. It has been about 4 1/2 years since they have seen each other. The last time they spent time together was at my wedding in 2008. They really enjoyed swapping Great Grand kid stories.

Here my Dad is carving the Turkey for me. Since Christian wasn't around I had to enlist his help. The Turkey platter looked beautiful! The platter is very special to me. Before Christian's mom passed away, in 2009, Christian's sister, his mom and I went to a pottery place and each made a special item. I painted the platter. One of the last memories I had with her.


The table before the crazy family.
The Table after. Where is Janice, the kids and myself you ask....


At the kid's table of course!

 Literally, I had to use my son's play table for us. The joys of living in an apartment! Yes, that is baby Gigi seated with us in her bumbo seat. Everyone was included. Please excuse the bright sheen on my forehead. My makeup melted off when my tiny kitchen became a sauna. We had to open the sliding door just so the house would be cool enough to be comfortable.
After dessert my family gets a little feisty....

Watch out! My Granddad is going to get you!  I love him. He has always been the jokester in our family. Even in a wheelchair and an oxygen tube he is the life of the party!

All in all it was a fantastic day and I am truly Thankful!


No comments:

Post a Comment