November 18, 2012

Teething AHHHHHHHH

One of the difficult parts about being married to a Firefighter is the sometimes long stretches of time he can be gone. Sometimes it seems like major things happen only when he is gone. Right now our little girl is trying to cut some teeth. Normally she sleeps through the night like a champ, and has been since she was a month old, but now she wakes up multiple times during the night.


Teething is rough when you only have one kiddo, or a partner around, but it seems impossible when you are on your own. I finally calm my mind down and fall asleep, then before I know it the baby is up. I calm her using Hyland's Teething tablets, gel and bottle. Then she is changed and rocked back to sleep, then my son wakes up. As a control thing he has decided not to eat dinner. So every night he wakes up hungry because he didn't eat. I bring him some more milk and rub his back and then he is back asleep. I quickly try to go back to sleep so I can get a nap in and before I know it the cycle repeats itself.
The next day I am a zombie, the kids are cranky because they didn't sleep well and by 3 pm we are all melting down. Every day I check Gigi's mouth hoping to see a tooth...I got excited but then realized it was just spit up.
Hoping tonight is calm and peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment