December 5, 2012

Elf on the Shelf Day 10 Advent Activities Day 5

Today was a big day! First we found our daredevil Elf trying to fly on a blade of our ceiling fan.  He seemed to get really dizzy when we turned it on today, but he didn't fall off! He must have been hanging on tight!  Sorry for the awful picture, our camera was my husbands "fire camera" and lately it has been my son's favorite toy.  It is miracle it works at all.


We also had a fun time decorating a Christmas apron for our upcoming baking.  First I painted the tree as a base then Braydon used acrylic paint to decorate the tree. by making the tree first it helps tie the artstic flair of a three year old and creating an apron he wouldn't mind wearing for a few more years. He ten sprinkled it with glitter for a little sparkle. I added the ric rac using no sew glue and wrote his name using a fabric pen. These were tips I learned from my friend Kristi. She is a creative genius! I am always copying ideas from her.
Here is the creative process of the apron...






No comments:

Post a Comment