March 15, 2011

Pot of Gold

I love the Pottery Barn Kids mail/treat bags for the different seasons so I decided to make my own for St. Patrick's Day. Since my Dad's side is Irish this holiday is big deal.
I had some scrap gray felt that I folded in half and cut out the shape of  kettle. I then sewed a zigzag stitch in gold on the two sides that were open leaving the top rim open. I then sewed a strip of the felt to the back as tie so that I could attach it to chair. After all the pieces were sewn I put gold glitter glue on the front and cut out a shamrock from scrap green fabric.  I think it turned out pretty cute for a first attempt and took a total of 30 minutes from start to finish.
I plan to gather things from the Target dollar section and dollar tree tomorrow to fill his "pot of gold" with. I am also hoping to find gold coins that I can use a leprechaun trail from his room to the his high chair. I will post a final picture after St. Patrick's Day.

Here is picture of the finished pot unfilled. If you have older kids it would be fun to have shamrocks, gold coins, glitter glue and even stickers available for them to decorate their own "pot of gold".


No comments:

Post a Comment