December 7, 2012

Elf on the Shelf Day 12 Advent Activity Day 7

Our little Elf decided to take a ride on our reindeer. Braydon thought it was hilarious and went to check him out multiple times today.


Our Advent activity today was to make gifts for the Grandparents.  I used a dough recipe I found on Pinterest from The Imagination Tree. I had B put his handprint in the dough then I had Gigi put her hand on top. When it dries I will paint each hand a different color so you can clearly both imprints.  I made sure to poke a hole in the top so we can thread a ribbon through and the Grandparents can hang up the prints. It was fun to make except B didn't want to touch the dough and get messy and it is going on 7 hours of baking and it isn't dried all the way.
Here is the finished product. Not too bad. May find a different dough recipe. After it was painted I needed to cook it Again to dry it out. I think these gifts will be a hit!


No comments:

Post a Comment