December 6, 2012

Real Life Mommy

Just a disclaimer, this may be considered a TMI or over share, but these mommy moments are priceless and just real life around here and with my mommy brain failing I decided to write them down before they are lost forever. So here we go, this is just going to be an ongoing list...

Getting ready for bed and realizing all your pajama pants either have pee or spit up on them, opted for husband's basketball shorts.

Finally getting a bathroom break when your newly potty trained three year old exclaims he needs to poo poo. Solution, I instruct him to take off his own clothes and use the trainer potty because mommy is using the big potty. He finally gets situated and then he tells me he needs private time. I finish going potty with a towel over my face so he can have private time. Oh how I would love private time. My bad for using the kids bathroom.

In the same vein, I am rarely able to go to the bathroom by myself, which normally I just expect, however during "that time off the month" I try to figure out potty breaks when my son is distracted.  This particular day he was glued to me and flung open the door as I was changing my tampon. Priceless moment, trying to explain to him what it is without telling him what it is. "these are for mommies" his response, " I want one, I want to be a mommy" ...speechless

I was tired of removing his potty seat to go potty, just aimed carefully and did my business, potty seat and all.

Braydon loves to play with my wedding rings. I tell him daddy gave them to me because he loves me so much and one day he would meet a girl he would fall in love with and get married.  He gets so excited and exclaims "I want to get married now!"

When Gigi cries Braydon's favorite phrase is "what's all the commotion about!"

Braydon kept saying "giddy up horsey, giddy up." I was trying to figure out what he was pretending to ride, I look over the kitchen counter to find him hovering over Baby Gigi pretending she was a horse.

Just a few moments in our crazy household. Many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment