November 22, 2013

Our New Adventures in Home Schooling

I have just started Home Schooling our son, he is still in Pre School and we are not sure what we will be doing for Kindergarten, but for this moment Home Schooling seemed like our best option. Since my husband is still seasonal and we have both decided I should stay home with the kids we try and save money where ever we can. This is not to be confused with us compromising our son's education, which we both value very highly.  I do have experience with teaching, our son was not responding well to going to school and out of finanacial necessity this is the prayerful choice we made.

I have only been on this adventure for a week and half so far.  We have transformed my son's bedroom into the play room/school room and moved both of the kids into the same room. If I was being completely honest he sleeps in my bed while daddy is away at work anyway so it wasn't a big change. We have rearranged our priorities to make sure school time happens every day. I have investigated library time and kid friendly activites in our community. I am starting to scan Pinterest for new ideas and I have reached out to other mom friends for advice, help and encouragement. We have also gotten sister involved in the schooling which has been a bonus.

I am little nervous, especially since parenting with your partner at work a majority of the time is tough anyway, and to add more is scary, but it was prayed about and the doors opened so we have walked through bravely.

I will keep you all updated on our adventure here. Here are some of the first pictures I have taken.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment