January 12, 2011

A New Year

This year started out with a lot of anxiety.  We needed to decide whether we were going to live in Southern CA where a lot of our friends are and Christian's family lives or were we going to stay in Northern, CA were it was more affordable and where my parent's live. In So Cal Christian was already registered for his prerequisites for his Paramedic program and I had a lead on a new job, we had even figured out housing and had a lead on where to put Braydon in pre-school but we were just not feeling settled. In Northern, CA Christian is listed in one of two classes he needs for his prerequisites but the Paramedic program starts later so he can do one more fire season and then start the program and I would continue staying home. Both came with positives and negatives but after much consideration we decided to stay in Northern, CA.

Now we are looking for affordable housing, hoping Christian gets into one more class and he can get transferred up here for fire season.  There are lot of what ifs still lurking in the air but we feel good about our decision and can't wait to see what the new year brings!

This also means living with my parent's a bit longer so we can afford a cheap apartment. We have been living here now for 6 months. It hasn't been all bad but of course we are all looking forward to our own space again. We also have another dynamic. Since my mom is pastor up here it is difficult to find a new church but unfortunately Christian and I don't feel settled in her Church and are looking for a new one, not to mention I am not at all interested in being a PK (pastor's kid) again. We want to establish ourselves apart from the parent's. So this Sunday the church hunt begins.

My goals for the New Year are to establish good learning opportunities for Braydon that are constant, volunteer more and put real effort into the blog, my Etsy shop and finishing the devotional book I have been writing.

Lots to accomplish in 2011 but I am excited to know what direction to work towards again.

No comments:

Post a Comment