February 10, 2011

Being on a budget really can suck

Handmade Coasters

I really like the book the 5 Love Languages. One of the things I discovered about myself while reading this book was that my love language is gifts.  I love giving gifts and I love receiving gifts. This is how I show and receive love. However, when you have just enough money to meet your family's needs gifts are a luxury. This is usually no big deal until there is a birthday or a wedding or shower to attend. I have had to miss two very important weddings since being on a budget.  A sacrifice I made to make sure my family was taken care but that tore at my heart. Not only did I miss seeing dear friends marry their sweethearts I am not able to give gifts either. I did the next best thing, I made some presents. I know I know it is the thought that counts, but coming from a gal who loves to buy great thoughtful presents for those she loves it was like putting a knife in my heart. A small sacrifice in the long run but a difficult one all the same.

For one of my friends I made cloth embroidered coasters. (The picture is up above) I am making a prayer blanket for the other.  I really hope they enjoy these presents and I look forward to the day where these sacrifices pay off and I can again attend weddings and bring lovely gifts from the registry.

Nathan and Rochelle
January 29, 2011
Lisa and Ann
December 11, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment