February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day on a budget

Part of staying home now means we are on a budget but I was determined to make Valentine's Day special. Here are some of the things I did :)


We made Valentine cards for friends and family. On this project I made a heart shaped stamp out of a potato.


I set up a romantic dinner for my husband on our patio. I bought a bottle of champagne (on sale for $5) and made chocolate covered strawberries. I found the champagne flutes at the $1 store to add some fun to the dinner. I covered chairs in cozy blankets and pillows so we could sit and chat after dinner. 




For the actual dinner I put up lights to create a romantic mood, bought inexpensive flowers (bouquet was $4) and cut them short and put them in a crystal vase I found. I pulled out a red and lace table cloth and cloth napkins to add a sense of elegance. I also used our china and crystal for a special touch.


I made Christian's favorite meal.



I also put together a movie basket to go with a chick flick I selected from Netflix. I found our favorite candy at the $1 store, found the popcorn containers in the dollar section at target to add some uniqueness to the night. It was an extra touch to just watching a movie at home.


I made the centerpiece out of a vase we had, ribbon we had and I made the patterned paper in Word using different page colors and patterns. I found the bags, tissue paper, cards and Braydon's presents at the $1 store. I made Christian's present. It was a coupon book for massages and getting out of baby duties.



 I also bought Braydon a fun Valentine's shirt and decided he looked so cute I had to have a photo shoot with him.










I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day too!







No comments:

Post a Comment